5:42 am -- Will? Why are you awake? You might be ready for school, but it's been cancelled today. Go back to bed. . . Will, stop crying. . . the Valentine's party will be on Monday instead.
6:23 am -- Jon? Why are you awake? Aren't you tired? No? Well, go look out the window. . . You'll be able to see it a little better when the sun comes up. You've never seen snow like that!Well, maybe, but surely you can't remember the ride home from the hospital when we brought you home for the first time. I'll get you some breakfast after I shower. No -- please go in the living room with daddy, I'd like some privacy please.

6:46 am -- Wow! It really is beautiful outside. Allen, before you go out front, please let me take pictures of the snow on our house. We may never see snow on this address again. No, thanks. . . I can wait until you get out of the shower.
7:02 am -- What? Why aren't you guys hungry? You can't be done with breakfast already . . . okay, Maddie, you can eat Jon's cereal, too.
7:09 am -- I'll be right back, Allen. I'm gonna go snap some pictures before it all melts. I love you, too!
7:32 am -- ring, ring-doodley-do . . . ring, ring-doodley-doo. . . Yallow? Nah, the roads can't be that bad. . . really? Okay. Great! I'll be there in a few hours. Hey, Sarah, we got an email not to take unnecessary risks driving on bad roads. . . I'll stay here for a little while longer.
8:13 am -- No eating yellow snow! If you really want to taste it, get it off the slide. Oops! Let me help you, yes, it is slippery. Don't sit in it, your bottom will get cold.
8:24 am -- Hey!! Ben! Don't throw snow on your mama!
8:27 am -- Why can't I take pictures? Oh. . . okay, just make sure they make me look cute. . . and don't drop it. I was just teasing. . . sort of.
8:31 am -- Maddie? Why are you crying? It isn't that bad is it? I thought you were having fun. . . OH!! Baby, you are cold, huh? Let's pull your pants up then. Is that better? good. Lets try to keep your pants up, I'm sorry they are too big. Let me know if you need more help.
8:36 am -- I'm not laughing at you. . . I'm laughing with you. My turn, now. I have to get a picture of the fence unloading on you.
8:39 am -- Why can't you build a snowman? Oh. Well, if the snow is that wet, maybe you can make a snow blob and put arms and eyes on it. . . . never mind, Will just tackled the pile you guys made.
8:40 am -- Hey? Where did Ben go? Ben? . . . There you are. What are you doing? "Making snow-body" . . . Do you mean a snow angel? You're right. It must be a snow-body. It's okay, Will, he can call it whatever he wants to.



8:53 am -- Thanks for showing me this view. The sweet gumballs sure are pretty from this perspective. . . hey, look! The sun is coming out and the sky is turning blue.
8:56 am -- ALLEN!! You are not being a good example. Aim to the side so we don't get the camera wet. Nope. . . didn't get that one. Try again. . . once more. . . got it!
8:57 am -- Darn it!! You weren't supposed to hit the camera! Now I'm really mad!9:03 am -- Here, lets smile for a picture with the other camera.
9:04 am -- Will, are you still avoiding the camera? Maybe you can smile once just so I can prove you got to stay home and play outside. Thanks! . . . no, I don't want you to throw that at me. Ok, you can eat it.
9:08 am -- What are you doing, Ben? It's a good thing that ladder isn't metal, but I hope you don't get a splinter in your tongue. Yes, it does look like a big ice cream cone. . . but it probably doesn't taste as sweet. 
9:30 am -- Thanks for sticking around for the fun, Babe! I wish you didn't have to go. . . I guess it wasn't a brilliant idea for me to load the kids up on hot chocolate when I still have to survive the rest of the day. I love you. Be careful today!9:39 am -- . . . because Mary Poppins is my favorite movie. It's magical, just like no-school snow days.
12:07 pm -- Come eat your lunch, kids! We'll take naps after lunch.
1:26 pm -- Jon, you get back in bed.
1:31 pm -- No playing with toys, it's naptime now. . . . because Mama needs a nap, too. I can't lay down until I know you are asleep.
5:18 pm -- Love! It is so great to see you! I'm exhausted. . . . Jon didn't nap, but the others did. Dinner will be ready in about eleven minutes. . . . black beans and rice with chicken.
5:30 pm-- Dinnertime! Please come eat. . . . amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment