He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. I Peter 2:24
Journal entry Nov. 16, 2009
I froze. I struggled. I dug for the last three days. I'm stuck on this verse and have been waiting for a few silent moments to ponder it.Christ bore our sins -- MY SINS -- in his body on the cross. Why? The answer follows: "so that I might die to sins and live for righteaousness; by Christ's wounds," by Christ's blood I "have been healed." Setting aside the unworthiness that overcomes me to think further. . .Christ died FOR my sins, WITH my sins, and FROM my sins. When He died, so did my sin. How can I ever repay it? I cannot, but I can do my best with the gift He's given me. Yes, Christ will return someday; until then, I can let Him live through ME even though it is I who lives through Him. I continue to lift the song as my prayer: "Let them see Jesus in me. May they recognize His face. Let me communicate His love and his grace. Let me reflect who He is in the way I choose to be so they can see Jesus in me."
Through Christ's blood I have been healed. God, let me let go of my insecurities and hurts so that you can heal my soul with your son's blood as you planned from the very beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment