Allen and I spent the weekend at a bed & breakfast in Granbury. It was just the two of us, quiet enough to sleep in and read a few chapters in a book. We had delicious food, got fresh coffee whenever we wanted it, tried a couple new flavors of martinis, and had the best filet mignon I've ever had in my life. We sat and watched the lake, wandered through pretty gardens, dipped our feet in the pool, and listened to the waterfall and birdsong. We went to a musical review/variety show and shopped in a cute historic town. We parked the car at the B&B and walked everywhere. We had fun.
When we picked up the kids from Randy & Shelley, they told us they had fun. Since Nana & Papa were still alive, I think it went well for everyone. It is really such a blessing to us that our parents (all four) are willing to help with the kids so we can get away occassionally. I am still so glad we moved to Texas so the kids can know their grandparents and visit more than just once or twice a year. I'm also glad we live close enough to visit the cousins on occassion.
The down time did me some good. The first couple days back, I've had more patience with the kids than I knew I had. It really is amazing what a little time away can do.

No comments:
Post a Comment