Saturday, July 17, 2010

Musically Inclined

Allen and I have been talking about letting Will take music lessons this year. We don't know for sure that we will do it, but we are talking about it. He could learn to read music, learn rhythm, have something to be proud of. We were considering instruments --piano, guitar, violin -- but really wishing there was a teacher that let kids borrow a different instrument a month just to see what was out there. Part of the talk included asking Will if he would be interested in learning to play an instrument. He said yes, he'd like that, and we told him to think about what instrument would be fun. Several days later, Will came to tell me he decided what instrument he would like to learn to play. The conversation went something like this:

Will - "Mama, you remember you told me to think about what instrument I want to play?"
Me - "Yes. Have you thought about it?"
Will - "Yes, but there may be a problem. . . ."
Me - "What's the problem?"
Will - "I don't know what store you are going to find me some bagpipes."

....remember up there when I said "We don't know for sure that we will do it?" ....

No comments: