Monday, October 4, 2010

Crazy Busy

We still seem to be too busy for me to sit down to post an update as frequently as I like. It seems we have something going on all the time. Sunday we go to church, then spend the afternoon napping, watching football, making lunches for the week, and folding laundry.

Monday the little ones and I sometimes get together with my MOPS group while Will is at school. As soon as I pick up Will we have a whirlwind of activity as I try to seat the kids for a quick snack, and keep the little ones out of trouble while I help Will with homework and make dinner. After dinner, Will and Allen head to Cub Scouts.

Tuesdays, the little ones go to preschool and I head to Bible study, then the grocery store. Occassionally, I can meet Allen for lunch, but otherwise, I run errands all afternoon. When I'm done, if there is still time left, I head to Starbucks or Barnes & Noble to work on my Bible study since I can get much more done when its quiet. I pick up the little ones, then the big one, then head home for the whirlwind again. Luckily, the weather has been awesome lately and I can send the kids outside while Will and I work on homework. Just before dinner, Will empties the clean dishes from the dishwasher. Tuesday evenings I am the one going out. Once a month I have book club, another Tuesday I eat our with moms of multiples. Those other two, I am either home catching up on my Castle and House recordings or reading.

Wednesdays... whew! Every other week, the little kids and I go to MOPS for the morning. We drop Will off at school, come home so I can finish my coffee, then we are off again. We get home around lunchtime. Last week I had to get the fund-raiser cookies in between, and finally had so much on my plate for a day I called my neighbor for help. (I am SO thankful for a sweet neighbor who doesn't mind bringing Will home from school occassionally -- a little thing that helps me so much!) After we get Will from school, we work on homework, have breakfast for dinner (cereal or eggs) then go to the church to meet Daddy. The kids all go to Kidz Praise, and Allen and I go to the Wednesday evening Bible study. Once a month, I have a MOPS steering meeting so I skip the Bible study. I have to admit, I only half-listen to the lecture... I often am reading ahead on one of the other two studies I am doing. The kids are enjoying KidzPraise -- well, the little kids are anyway. Kidz Praise is a high energy time of learning and worship -- they sing, dance, play instruments and games. Like I said, the little ones like it. Will isn't crazy about it, but his other option each week is to sit next to us and work on his handwriting. The first (and, so far, only) time he chose to write, I had him copy neatly Philippians 2:14: Do everything without complaining or arguing. Will does NOT like to work on his penmanship, but he did learn a scripture that night., and he can still recall the verse. By the time we get home Wednesday after church, I am worn out and I sleep well.

Thursdays are nice. . . life starts to slow down a little bit. Ben, Maddie, and Jon go to preschool and I have the day off. Lately, I've used Thursdays for errands or lunch with a friend. Sometimes I sit at home reading. Thursday nights, we don't go anywhere. I like Thursdays. . . . a lot.

Friday is similar to Monday. I work on laundry if we are home. Otherwise, we might go play with friends. Usually, Fridays are pretty easy going. Once we went to a firestation, once we had a playdate here, once we went to the pumpkin patch.

Saturdays are never the same. Allen lets me sleep a little bit later. Since he doesn't get up on Saturday to work out at o'dark-thirty, he gets a bit more sleep, too. This weekend, we went back to the pumpkin patch (this time so Will and Allen could enjoy it with us.) We headed to Lowe's to get some rocks and dirt. Allen and I went on a date while Christina kept the kids.

So, now you have an idea of all we do. We're busy -- and that isn't taking into account all the added laundry when the kids throw up all day (and we've had a week of those days this month). That isn't taking into account the assignments that Ben, Jon, and Maddie come home with (like make this creative poster about each child and everything they like to play with or do.) That isn't taking into account the other activities we've managed to squeeze between our normals ones (working on Cub Scout requirements, making snacks for scouts, taking family photos, going to a few other meetings for church, planting seeds in the garden, going to the doctor with kids, going to a Sunday school party or MOPS dinner, fitting in a home owners association meeting, having girls night out with the Sunday school class, and completing plans for our high school reunion.) I'm tired at the end of the days, but everything is good. We are all back to healthy and ready to attack another week.

No comments: