Maddie said, "I like this headband so much you need to get your camera and take a picture of us."...so I did.


Ben said, "Mama, are you being SERIOUS at ME?" ....no, uh...I was trying out sarcasm, but love your question.
Allen overheard me say, "Ben! don't lick your feet! But if you're going to at least sit down first, so you don't fall over..." That kid was standing up in the living room, holding his toes to his tongue (yuck) -- incredible balance; can YOU do that?
Will said, "Mama, I like the lunch lady at school. She looks a lot like you except her hair is white instead of brown, she is taller than you, she doesn't wear glasses, and her eyes are different." ...so how is it we look alike?
Ben said, "No! Mamas aren't allowed to tickle my feet!" But, why not? "Because you can't throw me in the air like Daddy can. Only he can tickle me." Well, what can Mama do? "You can hold me and hug me when I'm crying. .... NO!! Not right now!! Only when I'm hurt!"
Jon said, "Is that thunder? I better go to Maddie and Ben so they aren't afraid. See ya!"
The kids had a conversation about where Jesus lives. Will said, "He lives in heaven." Maddie said, "No, he lives in my heart." Jon said, "Maddie's right, but he lives in MY heart." Will said, "How can he be in more than one place?" Ben said, "No, no, no. Jesus lives in our house, but only sometimes. Only when we vacuum."
I heard from my sister-in-law that my niece Julianne called me on her toy phone and said, "I love you, Aunt Sarah." When Julianne told her mom about it, she sadly said, "Aunt Sarah didn't answer, but I left her a voice mail." ...now how could I NOT call that sweet little girl to hear it for real? I just told her I got her message and called as soon as I could.
No comments:
Post a Comment