Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Three are Four

We celebrated Ben's, Maddie's, and Jon's fourth birthday at Nana and Papa's this year. Our family of six was there with Nana and Papa, Great Grandma Ann, Gramma and Granddad, Uncle Jason and Aunt Jenn, Beckham, and a family friend, Molly. We had pizza for lunch, the kids opened presents, then we all enjoyed cake and ice-cream. We had a wonderful time with our family, and the kids even had enough time to play with all their new toys before we got in the car for the drive home. They only got one gift they had to share (a game), and Allen and Will wrapped it in such a way that each of them knew which part to open.
Wow! What a day! What a weekend! What a life . . . or rather three! Celebrating their birthday is different for me than celebrating other birthdays. Not just because they are my babies, but because I still vividly remember how fragile they were when they entered this world. I remember spending months of my pregnancy and the first few days of their lives praying they would survive, and THEY HAVE!! I know I've joked that some days have been rough enough with three toddlers that I wasn't sure they would make it to their next birthday, but I know how blessed we are to have them in our lives and we will continue to do our best for them. Happy birthday Little Ones! . . . since I'm still not quite ready to start calling you Big Kids yet. :)

No comments: