Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Love Notes

Allen and I have been finding notes on our pillow lately (more often Allen). Will gets in the mood to write or draw, then he leaves them so we find them just before we go to bed. Here is the one that was on my pillow the other day.
And just in case you cannot read first-gradese, it says (spelling corrected):
One day when I was traveling down by the bay of South America I hit another car!!! And I was very angry!!! So I called my insurance company.

If you flip it over, this was on the other side:

What do you get when you cross two bees with a Gun? I love Dad! turn over
(on the bottom) a bee-bee-gun!

I am loving all these notes... I love that he is trying so hard to spell big words... I love that he is getting more creative with his stories... I love that he leaves notes to tell us he loves us... and, guiltily, I love that every minute he is writing or drawing is a minute that is relatively quiet and calm because he isn't cranky or irritating a sibling. I just hope there are many more like this on the way :)

No comments: