Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Percentiles

The other day (or week?) when I posted about the little kids' pediatrician visits. I meant to add all the stats so someday I will be able to look back and remember that they were once small. Now, it has been nearly a month since Maddie's visit, so it really is "old" news. Nonetheless....

Just after they turned four,
  • Maddie was 39-inches and 31.2 pounds.
  • Jon was 37-inches and 30.8 pounds.
  • Ben was 39.5-inches and 32 pounds.
You might be shaking your head in disbelief, but these three miracles started life nearly three months early. Ben was the biggest at three pounds. They are following the curves on the growth charts perfectly, but we are just now seeing their stats ON the charts. Maddie was in the 32nd-percentile for height, and 18th for weight. (That means that 32% of girls her age are smaller). Jon is at 3% for height, 8% for weight. Ben is at 30% and 15%, respectively. We had always been told that they would catch up to their peers by around age 2, but I guess they meant developmentally, rather than size. Developmentally, I can't tell a difference -- they seem like normal four-year olds.

All three are wearing clothes anywhere from 2T through 4. They are skinny enough to wear 18M in some of the shorts, but I put those away this weekend. They all wear the same shoe sizes -- 9 or 10 depending on the style.

No comments: