At the end of July, Allen was able to take a few days off work so he and I could get away for a four day weekend. I dropped the boys off with my parents (Maddie was already there.) They had a lot of fun moving (and throwing) rocks to protect their dam (some might think we had free labor - ha!), swimming in the lake, fishing, learning to work with a lot of Granddad's tools, swimming in a neighbor's pool, playing on Granddad's jungle gym, making finger print t-shirts, creating ice necklaces and the list goes on. All of them stayed busy, busy, busy!
This is the 3.5-pound catfish Jon caught on a cane-pole. Granddad had to help him by scooping it up with the net. Jon struggled to hold on to the fish while Granddad went after the camera. Does he look proud?
I think this was Maddie's third shirt to paint. Will got a little silly with his... on the back he wrote "Follow Me!" and he planned to write it on the front. When he realized people may actually DO that, he added "Don't" to the top.
No comments:
Post a Comment