Right after the little kids came home from my parents, they kept fussing at me. As I was loading groceries into the refrigerator, they would fuss, "Mama, you're wasting the cold." When the water was on warming for a bath, they fussed some more, "Mama, you're wasting water." If I left the light on, they fussed, "Mama, you're wasting the electr-electr-electri... you're wasting the light."
I know when they were with my parents, they probably got a stern lecture about letting the cold air out when they'd leave the back door open. Or when they forgot to turn off the bathroom light. Or when they left the water dripping after washing their hands. I didn't think too much of it, and just told them they were right... I should be more careful with our resources.
But... there came a moment... when their fussing about wasting just about drove me over the edge....
I had been emptying the dishwasher.
I opened the cabinet to put up some plates.
I left it open while I got another armload of dishes.
Then Ben and Jon ran at me and fussed... "MAMA! You're wasting the shelf!"
1 comment:
hahaha! That is so funny!
Post a Comment