Lately, my point-and-shoot pocket-sized camera has not been working right. When I take pictures, there is a 50% chance that the photo will be a bunch of digital noise instead of the picture I really wanted, so I asked for a new camera for my birthday. After reading reviews, I ended up choosing a different brand than what I've had for many years, and now I'm having to learn how to use the new one. Bear with me as I learn how to use it.... I know many of my pictures won't be great, but they are still able to show our family stories.
These are our new friends: a pair of Carolina chickadees that Ben named Cookie and Cream. We can't tell which is which, so they will both just be called Cookie-&-Cream. These two cheerful birds are supposed to be a bit more afraid of me than they seem to be. When I come check their nest in the birdhouse, they often watch and chatter at me. Allen thinks they might be saying, "Leave us alone you big thing," but to me it sounds a lot more like, "good morning, Sarah! Isn't it a beautiful day." Strange as it seems to me, when I'm sitting in the chair in the garden (with camera ready, of course) those two will come sit on the fence and chatter, come a bit closer and sit in the tree and chatter, then even go into the birdhouse -- with me just a few feet away. They continue to carry in grass bits, and bright green moss, and fuzz from cottonwoods or dog hair to build their nest. They will eat at the feeder, sip at the birdbath, and continue to sing at me, and I am looking forward to learning more about these sweet little birds.
No comments:
Post a Comment