Parental CareMinistries (PCM) exists to help poor and orphaned children of Uganda by meeting
their physical, emotional, and spiritual needs in Christian schools. Currently,
PCM has six school campuses in southwest Uganda, and they also equip 50+
pastors to spread the Gospel throughout Uganda.
I first learned
of Parental Care Ministries at a Mothers of Preschoolers meeting when they came
to speak about their ministry. Our group and my family donated to some of PCM’s projects, and we financially
contributed to a friend joining PCM on a mission trip. A bit more than a year
ago, Will wrote a letter asking Santa Claus to deliver chickens to
orphans in Uganda. When PCM sent my son photos of the children in Uganda
receiving chickens, I was ecastatic! Soon after that, our family decided to
sponsor 13-year old Ssalli, one of the students at a PCM campus. Our
experiences with PCM continued to be positive, so when I realized God was
prompting me to apply for a mission trip, PCM was one of the first groups I
approached.
I will be part of
a team of 20-25 people going to Uganda, June 16th through 27th,
this summer. On this trip, PCM will be partnering with Children’s
Emergency Relief International (CERI), a health and human services organization
dedicated to the long-term care of orphans, vulnerable children, youth and
their families in crisis throughout the world. CERI will be bringing its shoe
mission expertise to all six PCM campuses. Children in this impoverished area
desperately need shoes to prevent foot disease and injury. I am excited to be
part of the team that will travel to each school and minister to each individual
child while sizing their feet and placing new socks and shoes on each of the
1500+ PCM school children.
There are several
ways for you to help our team. First, and foremost, please pray for our team.
Pray for all the details to come together, pray that we can share God’s love
with the children in Uganda, pray for our families who will be without us for
twelve days (that is a long time for my husband and four young children), pray
for our safety and health as we travel to, and in, a third-world country, and
pray that our stories reach the hearts of others.
I am also seeking
financial contributions for the hundreds of pairs of shoes ($25 per pair) and
for my travel expenses (approximately $3000). If you are interested in
contributing to either, please make a check out to Parental Care Ministries,
put the purpose (shoes/travel) in the memo section, and send the check directly
to me. PCM is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, your
contribution is tax deductible, and PCM sends yearly contribution statements
each January. If you would like to learn more about PCM, visit the website and
blog at www.pcmonline.org. To learn
more about CERI, visit www.CERIkids.org.
(If you need my mailing address, post a comment with your email address. All blog comments must be approved by me before being posted, and I will not post your email address.)
(If you need my mailing address, post a comment with your email address. All blog comments must be approved by me before being posted, and I will not post your email address.)

No comments:
Post a Comment