This week Will is at my parents' hanging out with Granddad (since Gramma had to work). I am glad he is having fun hiking, fishing, learning about critters from Granddad, and eating ice cream; however, I love, love, LOVE it when he calls. His high pitched pre-school voice is so happy to be talking to me. Last night he called and asked me to sing his lullaby (this week it is the ABCs). Odd as it feels singing on the phone, I did it. It brought tears to my eyes when he joined my at Q. I don't know why it made me teary, it was just so sweet that his pure, albeit off-key, noise was joining mine. . . .and I really miss him.
Allen and I watched the American Idol results last night, and we thought it was a little too soon for Amanda to go home. I don't actually vote, so I probably have no right to complain, but I can so I will. I was surprised that Ramiele wasn't in the bottom three and that Carly and Amanda were. As for Kristy Lee, I can't believe she is hanging on still. And I think it is absolutely horrid that American Idol and Dancing with the Stars overlap on Tuesday nights!! How am I to decide which to watch?? This Tuesday, we mostly watch Idol since I can easily catch all the dances online. But the guys danced Monday and we all (I apologize to Allen for revealing that, but the triplets were still up & he was helping herd the cats) watched the guys dance while we switched to Jon & Kate during the commercials. Yup, all my TV habits occur on Monday and Tusday nights. I missed Mario dancing & he had the high score from the guys night, but I didn't miss Jason Taylor -- wow! He is a hottie, I had to watch him online later & he is really graceful. It will be interesting to see if he can pull off the Latin dance as well as he did the foxtrot. . . .and the girls? No surprise to me that Kristi Yamaguchi started the season with 27 of 30 points from the judges. As a skated she had to focus a lot on posture, motion, acting the part. Overall, we thought the women danced better than the men, but it should be a fun season. I am so sad that my favorite professional dancer, Julianne Hough, was paired with Adam Corolla. He will be out of there very quickly, and I won't get to watch her dance. So sad, so sad. There is my reality show bad habit shining through. Which reality shows have I seen this week? American Idol, Jon & Kate Plus 8, Dancing with the Stars, Living with the Mek Tribe, Iron Chef America. I think that's it. Allen will comment if I missed anything.
Today I need to pack for our Easter weekend at my folks'. Will is looking forward to "Eastertime" and he plans on it starting when we arrive. It might be a challenge to his patience waiting until Sunday for an egg-hunt, but he is eggsited. Tomorrow Ben & Jon will get their hair cut for the first time, and in the evening, I am going scrapbooking. I am sure Allen and Dad will compete to see who can catch a bigger bass, and Will will probably join them with his new SpongeBob fishing pole. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we will all have a great time. Happy Easter!
2 comments:
I draw the line at anything on the Lifetime channel. No one learned any important lessons by watching any of their shows.
As to the rest... I have to indulge my wife somehow - and since my talents of quoting Monty Python sketches, singing off-key (and other unmentionable items) don't seem to keep her entertained I have to bear the burden of reality/contest/talent shows.
For some reason she doesn't like my reality shows - viz UFC or "Two dudes punching each other"
. . .and that is one of the many million reasons I love him!
Post a Comment