Sunday, April 20, 2008

Texas Blues

The kids and I have been celebrating spring in Waco for the last five days. Here are a few pictures I couldn't wait to share. Someone told me that it wasn't spring in Texas until you got pictures of kids in bluebonnets -- so it's now spring for me!
Maddie loved the flowers. Some of them even got kissed.
Jon was cranky (well, we did wake him from his nap when we found the bluebonnets) until he realized he was in his favorite place -- outside.
Ben does not sit still for pictures. I got a little bit of his mischievous grin as he stood up to run away. This photo captures our Ben perfectly.
Will stopped for a quick snapshot then he was back to playing frisbee.
Here's another that I loved -- typical life: Ben running one way, Maddie stopping to smell the flowers.

Please, no comments about the fact that I should let the boys be individuals and not dress them alike. We had been at the zoo before we found the flowers. When we are on outings in public places, I often dress the kids alike or similar. That way, if one gets lost, I don't have to remember which four outfits my kids wore that day. . . .no, I don't try to lose them, I am just getting in the habit now before I let them be publicly mobile. They still ride the circus train when we're out and about. . . .and yes, I'll gladly pay admission for the zoo for whoever wants to pull the train.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, good! Now I have updated pictures for my desk at the office. Glad you had a good time and got some great bluebonnet pics.
~svk