Today is Saturday. Last night, when I talked to Allen he told me I needed to catch up on blogging so he could see the kids and hear about what they are doing. I just finished posting an entry for yesterday, but today, I got a video of Jon's newest trick. In the week we've been here he has turned into a walker -- now he walks more than he crawls, and through the week he has grown more confident in his steps. He is still very focused, but he is more comfortable, too.
I filmed him walking across the kitchen. In typical fashion, he joined the trouble on the other side of the room. Ben had taken all the cookbooks off the shelf while Mom and I were distracted by Jon. After Ben got a good sized pile, he used them as a stool to climb up to reach more. Maddie is right next to him (usually joining the mischief, but sitting back when adults show up so it looks like Ben is the sole trouble-maker.) Jon joins the crew and throws in a few finger-shaking "No-no"s just for the show. I wanted to show Allen what they were up to.
Mom and I just returned from the mall with all the kids. The babies were doing fine most of the time, but I had forgotten to pack cups and they all got thirsty after bribing them with animal crackers to let us shop a little more. Will was cranky and pulled on us or tried to run off. At one point, I threatened to take him to a restroom for a spanking if he didn't act right. He threatened me back with a sassy, "If you do, I'll just lick the toilet seat." I had to walk away to chuckle and gag while I tried to understand why he thought that would teach me a lesson. We got frustrated, got the kids water, and packed them in the car for the trip home. Most of them fell asleep on the way.
The evening went a bit smoother. After naps, we all went out to eat and ended the day cleaning watermelon off the kids' chins by taking them back to the sprinkler park. Now all the kids are snoozing and I am about to go pack up for the trip home in the morning. They can't wait to see Daddy, and I really miss my Honey.
1 comment:
The part when Will said, "If you do, I'll just lick the toilet seat." just cracked me up! It was so funny yet so gross, that it made it even more funny!
Post a Comment