Saturday, October 4, 2008

Photo Challege: YELLOW

I am really enjoying Brenda's Photo Challenges. When the theme is announced, it is a mad race against time to find the photos that I want to use. I know we have about two weeks, but that isn't very long to go through years of photos and still keep up with the regular things I must get done around the house. This week, the theme is YELLOW!
I don't really have a favorite color, just several that I really like. Although you won't find me willingly wearing yellow, I love the way it makes me feel. It is such a happy color. Maybe it is just that as a kid every smiley face sticker was yellow, but maybe it's because it's the color of sunshine and daisies. Whatever the reason, it make me warm on the inside and smiley on the out. I couldn't narrow it down to just a few, so here are my yellows:
This may have been the first time Will ate a banana whole and in the peel. He is 18 months in this photo. For a long time he called his favorite fruit a "nana" then it was a "bamama" (pronounced like banana but with the Ms). This was pretty cute and I didn't think much of it; it was just how he said it every morning when I gave it to him for breakfast. One day, Allen gave him the banana and Will gleefully called it a "badada!" We realized he was calling it based on who gave it to him.
Almost exactly 3 years later, this is Will with his new haircut. Somehow this picture makes me happy. It was taken the day after I gave him his first buzz-cut, not under the best of circumstances. He had decided to try to cut his hair himself and I had to even it out. This was the best I could do, and it turned out okay. It makes me happy just because it is Will. He dressed himself the morning I took this, deciding that overalls were just fine without a shirt. The yellow sunshine is shining on my yellow-headed son. In the background is yellow -- I like it so much, we had our kitchen and living room painted yellow.
You may have seen these already. They are photos of Maddie (in orange) and Jon (in yellow) playing on a yellow ball at a sprinker park this summer. Such happy kiddos, with yellow, such a happy mama.
And finally, here is a picture of a beautiful yellow daisy. These are such happy-types of flowers! I caught this on the camera when we were in New England earlier this month. I am still learning how this camera works, but I was happy that I got a picture of a little yellow friend in the center of the flower. In the closer shot, you can even see his wings! . . . But, I must admit, I am happier when they are flying away from me.

9 comments:

Donna said...

Oh These are Gorgeous!! Well done sweetie!! These indeed make me smile as well!hughugs

Anonymous said...

Great photos. Love those adorable smiles!

Brenda said...

Beautiful yellow choices Miz Sarah! I love Will's buzz cut! You did such a wonderful job with these!

Unknown said...

Great job on the banana! Well, actually, great job on all the shots. Very bright colors, and the macro on the bee is nicely done. Good captures all around!

Donna said...

You take GREAT candid shots! I think that you have a natural eye for composition. ***applause***

Oh, how I wish I knew how to do that black & white trick with just a little bit of color! I haven't learned that yet! Amazing. Love the little story too. Priceless...

Cindra said...

great photos. Your children are beautiful. I love how you photo shopped the banana shot!

Karen M said...

I love them all..you are so creative and so good with words! Your devotion to your kiddos shines through your blog.

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Oh wow your piccies are the sunniest hppiest hands down!!!
Beautiful shots of the kiddos

Aja Jenise said...

You are more creative than I can do justice to say... so CHEERS my friend!! Lovin it!!