

Will's preschool class took a field trip today. He had asked me several times if I'd go and I stalled on the answer until his teacher had to know to plan for vehicles. I definitely wasn't ready to let a stranger drive my son somewhere, but I was pretty nervous about taking all the kiddos by myself, too. In the end, Will asked so nicely I couldn't say no, so this morning, I packed all five of us lunches and we did it. I used the wagon part of the time, but the little ones wanted to run and play, so I let them. I avoided the sand box at the playground as long as I could, but with thirty preschoolers running around, the sand was an easy way out. Once I let them go in, they didn't come out without a fight, but that was easier than chasing them around to keep them safe.*

* I am a mom -- safe, by my definition, means "absolutely no way we would have to go to the ER or even get a bandaid." I know that is a silly expectation, but I haven't figured out in my head how I would juggle 4 kids at the hospital waiting for someone to arrive to help with the un-hurt kids. Yes, I'm over protective -- more so when I'm on my own with the kids, than when I have family with me.

I was a bit surprised that Will hung out with the babies and me as much as he did -- especially since he had so many friends around. On the hay ride, some of the other moms helped me hold the babies, and the people who owned the farm made sure I knew they were available if I needed another hand. I know the kids had a good time, but I was rather impressed that I did, too -- not just that I had fun, but it wasn't as stressful as I had expected.


* I am a mom -- safe, by my definition, means "absolutely no way we would have to go to the ER or even get a bandaid." I know that is a silly expectation, but I haven't figured out in my head how I would juggle 4 kids at the hospital waiting for someone to arrive to help with the un-hurt kids. Yes, I'm over protective -- more so when I'm on my own with the kids, than when I have family with me.
I was a bit surprised that Will hung out with the babies and me as much as he did -- especially since he had so many friends around. On the hay ride, some of the other moms helped me hold the babies, and the people who owned the farm made sure I knew they were available if I needed another hand. I know the kids had a good time, but I was rather impressed that I did, too -- not just that I had fun, but it wasn't as stressful as I had expected.
1 comment:
Girl!! You can handle more than you think!! Your like super Woman to me... not just cause your a mom, or creative or educated beyond my dreams... but your liek a hero to me... you can DO anything... in my mind!! So don't doubt you could ever do any less!! Glad the kiddos had a great time... I was lookiing forward to seeing Ben, or Jon was it, try to pick up that GREAT. BIG. pumpkin. It was gi-normous, compared to him anyhow. Glad to see you all had a blast!!
(((HUGS)))
Post a Comment