Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!!

Today was a wonderful day! After Allen made us all a tasty pancake breakfast, the kids got dressed and hunted for eggs in the backyard. We gave them the rules, which were MUCH different than the other night at the neighborhood hunt. Instead of eating candy till their bellies hurt, this time, they would gather eggs, then we'd put all of them in a bowl to share evenly. On your marks. . . get set. . . GO!
 And they were off! The kids scurried to all corners of the yard, but Maddie quickly burst into tears because someone else picked up a pink egg and she assumed all pinks were hers. After we urged her to continue things went fairly smoothly. She somehow convinced Ben and Jon to cooperate with her and, in the end, neither of the little boys had pink or purple eggs, but Maddie had only those two colors.


Jon and Will were definitely FAST -- they both filled their baskets to overflowing before Maddie even had a handful.  The kids had fun, especially when we let them have one small treat before lunchtime.

Allen and I got some plants put in pots while the kids napped, and I spent a good part of the day cooking. We pulled out the Greek cookbook we got last summer and used the internet to help answer some questions I had about the recipes. Dinner turned out so much better than I ever imagined even though we made a few substitutions to the original Greek instructions. We had moussaka (an eggplant and meat dish) with a Greek country salad with sheep's-milk cheese (feta), and a delicious tzatziki dip and pita that we have often. Allen made homemade lemonade with some Meyer lemons and we felt like we were on vacation again. Delicious!. . . but now I know why Greek women feel like they cook all day. . . they DO!

Here are a couple of my favorite pictures that Allen and I took.

1 comment:

Ladymisssusan said...

OMGSarah! I can't believe how BIG they are all getting!!! LOVE your blog post above. I might have to lift that. Are you doing Ali's Week in the Life next week?