I don't know if they are just talking more (probably) or I'm just listening better, but we have heard a lot of interesting things in the last week. I thought I'd better write them down before I forgot that sometimes I get to giggle at these kids'o'mine.
Will (age 6):
Why isn't "XXXmen" about superheroes? ... seems like there are three X-men, why can't I watch it?
I think this show looks like a good one for kids. "Playboy" is about a boy playing.
Side note: although these channels show up on our list of possible shows, we do have them locked so they won't be viewed in our home.
When we drove past a golf course, Will asked if it was a park. Allen explained that it was a golf course. We hid our giggles when he asked, "Is it the Golf of Mexico?"
Maddie (age 3.5):
Mama, when you were gone, you missed a lot of my hugs.
Mama? Can I bring spring inside or do we leave it outside
As Ben and Jon were running around and giggling, Maddie eavesdropped on the groceries. She held a cup up to the refrigerator door, pressed her ear to the base, listened and concentrated, then declared, "I hear children playing in there!"
Jon (age 3.5):
Today was Jon's day out with me while Ben and Maddie were at mother's day out. I'm glad I had my notebook in my purse to capture his words. When I asked what he wanted to spend the day doing, he told me he wanted to go to the library. We went to the library, had lunch with Daddy, then went to get a book and cookie at Barnes & Noble.
As soon as he saw the big brown library, my little guy proudly proclaimed: "Mama, you're the BEST!!" ...I think I'll keep the title for a few hours anyway.
You and Maddie are FEEE-male. I am a male-man.
I want to take a nap at the bookstore in the big living-room chair.
Why does the milk [container] have a cow on it? Cows don't drink milk, they eat grass! That cow is just silly!
I got a few more chuckles as we stood in line to buy the book he chose. He held the book on his head and shouted from the line, "Ma'am! I'm getting this book!" He said that continuously as we waited our turn and walked up the register.When the lady took it from him to check out, he finally stopped saying it.
Ben (age 3.5):
As we were travelling in the car, we were listening to the stock report on the radio. Ben, whose favorite color is blue, was obviously listening to the report. "BLUE chips? I love blue chips!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment