Friday, April 23, 2010

Slow Cooker French Dip

I don't know of anyone who has made this and didn't love it. I made it for my neighbor and got in a little bit of "trouble" because her son declared it was the best meal she ever cooked. When adult men, small children, and the moms love it, it is definitely a keeper. I tried it because a friend recommended it to me, and I am pretty sure it came from allrecipes.com. Look how easy this one is:

9 Servings - but this is easy to split into two bags for two meals

4 pounds rump roast
1 (10 ½ oz.) can beef broth
1 (10 ½ oz.) can condensed French onion soup
1 (12 oz) can or bottle of beer
9 French rolls
3 TB butter
Trim excess fat from the rump roast, and place in a slow cooker. Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer. Cook on Low setting for 7 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Split French rolls, and spread with butter. Bake 10 minutes, or until heated through.
Slice the meat on the diagonal, and place on the rolls. Serve the sauce for dipping.

MAKE AHEAD
Put meat, broth, soup, and beer in a 1-gallon ziplock bag, seal, then freeze. Thaw completely then follow directions for cooking.

No comments: