Thursday, April 1, 2010

Waiting for the blossoms

I am so excited, and I can wait to see the garden in bloom! So far, lots of last year's plantings are peeking through the dirt, but its too early for the flowers yet. I may have a few others that will come in, so the list may grow. We've also planted a bunch of annuals and herbs, and I had to get a few seeds started just in case I have room later (if something else doesn't survive.) If everything thrives, some of the greehhouse plants will be put in pots for the summer.

Returning attractions (the ones showing up so far):
  • Lavender (the purple kind)
  • Lantana
  • Butterfly bush
  • White obedient plant
  • Alaska Shasta daisy
  • Super Shasta daisy
  • Balloon flowers
  • Hydrangea
  • Daylilies
  • Monarda
  • Astilbe
  • Carnations
  • Clustered bellflowers
  • Butterfly blue scabiosa
  • Asters

New this year
  • Hazel trees (they make hazelnuts)
  • Cotton lavender (with yellow flowers, seems like they should be called "Yellows" instead of lavender)
  • Rosemary
  • Cilantro
  • Basil
  • Oregano
  • Marigolds (cream and orange varieties)
  • Verbenas
  • Petunias
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Purple bell peppers
  • Phlox
  • Lithodora
  • Lilac
  • Carolina jessamine
  • Pink jasmine
  • Beauty cross vine
  • Bougainvillea (for porch planters)

Seeds in the mini-greenhouse:
  • Cosmos
  • Marigolds
  • Morning glories
  • Thai basil
  • Dill
  • Chives
  • Onions
  • Sweet peas

No comments: