Friday, February 25, 2011

Embracing 34

I've made a huge decision... after celebrating my 29th birthday for five years, I've decided to skip ahead to 34. I was born 34 years ago, and I'm ready to  admit it. Part of it is that I'm growing wearing of plucking those silly gray hairs, part of it is I'm starting to look too old for 29. I am embracing 34, and I'm ready to be here for the next 5 years.

This was NOT a typical day for me. For starters, Allen took the day off from work to spoil me. He did a fabulous job, and I had an awesome day!!

Here is what my day looked like at the 34's:
  • 00:34 -- sleeping
  • 01:34 -- sleeping
  • 02:34 -- sleeping
  • 03:34 -- tossing and turning, trying to sleep
  • 04:34 -- sleeping
  • 05:34 -- I heard Allen leave to work out. I rolled over and tried to sleep a bit more.
  • 06:34 -- turning on the water to take a shower
  • 07:34 -- kissed Will as he was leaving for school, then put oatmeal in the microwave and poured coffee for Allen and me, inhaled the scent of fresh pink tulips from my family -- mmmm
  • 08:34 -- reading I Samuel and Psalms, studying the life of David
  • 09:34 -- getting my birthday gift, an iPhone
  • 10:34 -- picking out cupcakes from Ganache (salted caramel, giandiju, and carrot cake)
  • 11:34 -- lunch at Fish City Grill (yummy fish tacos!)
  • 12:34 -- quick detour through mall, but I sat to try a shoulder massager
  • 13:34 -- sitting and reading lots of birthday greetings on Facebook and placing an Amazon order
  • 14:34 -- picking up little kids from preschool
  • 15:34 -- filling out a health survey for the insurance company after going through Will's backpack. This is the inside of the card he made me at school...he got the entire class and both teachers to sign it. It was definitely my favorite card even though I got lots of sweet ones.
  • 16:34 -- contemplating starting dinner, trying to get rid of a headache, listening to little kids play Legos while Allen and Will play chess
  • 17:34 -- sitting down to eat a fabulous home-cooked meal (Thai chicken with tomato, basil, & coconut)
  • 18:34 -- laughing as Allen plays with my iPhone... and I thought it was my new toy :)
  • 19:34 -- catching up on recorded shows (House and Community)
  • 20:34 -- heading to bed to read for awhile
  • 21:34 -- gave up on reading to watch tv
  • 22:34 -- sleeping, again
  • 23:34 -- still sleeping ...

No comments: