Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Overheard

Mama: I'D BETTER NOT HEAR ANY MORE HALLELUJAH CHORUS UNTIL YOU HAVE YOUR SHOES ON!"
In the background: aYOOOya. aYOOOya.




Last Friday, the kids were at the church until 10pm, while Allen and I went out with out Sunday school class. When we picked them up, Maddie and Jon told me: "Mama, its playtime now. We way-passed our bedtime and have to wait until the next one comes tomorrow to go to bed."



Maddie: Mama? mama? mama? mama? mama? mama? mama? mama? mama?

Mama: WHAT?!?!?
Maddie: nothing....Daddy? Daddy? Daddy?....


Jon: Wahhh!! Will pushed me and took the bat away from me.

Mama: Are you okay, Jon?
Jon: Yes
Mama: What do you want me to do about it?
Jon: Sometimes I just want you to give me an extra hug and a kiss, Mama.


Mama: Ben, please do not pee in the yard.
Ben: But, Mama, today I am being a bear and you don't let bears in the house.


Charlie is the boy who lives across the street. I picked him up from school the other day and overheard the kids chatting in the backseat. That is how I found out Will got Charlie a Valentine pencil-gram at school. Later I asked Will about it...
Mama: Will that was really nice of you to think of Charlie. Where did you get the money?
Will: I found a quarter on the floor at school.
Mama: Was the Valentine only a quarter?
Will: I don't know, but I convinced them to let me send two and gave Marianna one, too.

No comments: