Monday, February 21, 2011

A Week of February Happenings

Is it only here that we can start February with a long string of super-cold, snowy days, and two weeks later the kids are playing outside barefoot wearing t-shirts and shorts? It has suddenly been so warm we have even slept with our window open. BEAUTIFUL!!! This warm weather is why I love living here!!

Last week was a crazy-busy week. Allen and Will were actually home on Valentine's evening -- usually they go to Cub Scouts on Monday, but there wasn't a meeting that night because of Valentine's day. Tuesday, I went out with my close buddies -- three of the four of us have February birthdays, so we had a great reason to celebrate :) Wednesday night, I had a MOPS steering meeting, but our family met at the church to have dinner together; Thursday night, I went to a home owners association meeting. Friday, it was wonderful to just stay home all day and evening.

Saturday, Allen let me sleep in, then fed me pancakes and suggested we go to Mission Tejas State Park since the weather was beautiful. We got some waterbottles packed, grabbed the hats, and hit the road. It is fabulous to not have to worry about packing a diaper bag anymore -- the first time in almost seven and a half years!! At the park, the kids enjoyed the playground, then we got to do a little bit of easy hiking. We often had to stop to wait for Maddie to get her drink of water. It didn't take long for her to learn how to attach the waterbottle to her hat strap, and then she taught her brothers. Ben was getting sore legs about the time we needed to find some lunch, so we headed for a small town and had some barbeque at a local restaurant. The kids slept all the way home, which later proved to be a great thing.
Saturday night, we all went to Will's Cub Scout pack's Blue & Gold Banquet, and he got his Tiger Cub rank and badge. It started a bit later than we normally have dinner, and we didn't get home until 9:00 -- two hours after the kids' normal bedtime. Thankfully, the kids went right to bed, but next year we will NOT all be going.
Though we did have some fun this week, I am looking forward to next week because I think we will be home every night. I do like to get out occassionally, but enough is enough. Enjoy the week!

No comments: