Monday, April 25, 2011

Mockingbird Whoppers

April 18th - There are still just three mockingbird eggs. I guess she's done laying eggs for now.
April 19th - I am taking Whopper Easter snacks off the menu for this year. I can't help but think these look just like the candy, and I don't like the idea of eating mockingbird eggs.
April 20th - When we come outside, Polly usually flies away and watches me take a picture. The parents have been in our backyard a lot more often lately.... or maybe I am just now getting around to noticing.
April 21st - incubation day 4 (maybe?)
April 22nd - day 5
 April 23rd - day 6
April 24th - day 7
April 25th - day 8. These should incubate for around 12 days, so I expect them to start hatching next weekend. It is interesting that the last three days of nest pictures all look the same. They all have a little space between them, and it doesn't seem that Polly is turning them anymore. I know she still sits on the nest some, though. She and Tex have both been scavenging in the backyard and garden a lot more lately, but unless I see her fly off the nest, I cannot tell them apart ... yet.
 

No comments: