Monday, June 8, 2015

This Week's To Do List

Blogging in real-time seems to be a luxury lately since I tend to update it every couple months. BUT, today is really today.

This Monday morning I woke up and read my Bible through a few chapters in Matthew, then read a chapter from Isaiah. While the kids slept, I had my normal breakfast -- three eggs, strawberries, and coffee -- while I read a bit of a book -- Last Child in the Woods.

I checked email and text-chatted with a friend, updated some scout records, and pushed aside a basket of clean towels to sit and read some more. Then Maddie woke up and made waffles for herself... then Ben was up... then Jon was up.

I sat in the sunshine of the living room thinking about all I wanted and needed to do this week, and I'm excited that the list is mostly "wants."

Today I need to finish letters to Jamilla and Arnold then take the letters to PCM so they can deliver them to our Ugandan kiddos, I need to get gas in the van, and pack for a short trip. Maybe we will go to the pool this afternoon when the kids finish up chores and Will gets his schoolwork done.

Tomorrow, we drop off  the kids with my parents, and I'm going with Allen to Houston for a business trip. While he is in meetings, I hope to catch up on the blog, read a book for book club, and walk to an art store. Nothing. Else... well, maybe some more books. I am anxious for some free time that is quiet and has no expectations placed on me :)

No comments: