Monday, December 21, 2015

Blessings

I have been working through a family Advent study with Will and Ben during our Bible time in the mornings. One morning, Jon was sick and home with us, so the boys and I began the Advent activity: creating a poster of our blessings on a Christmas Tree. We worked on it over a few days, and Maddie and Allen added to it, too. Though I did not get around to finishing drawing all the branches in color, it was a neat way to list what we were grateful for this season. Some of the things we listed included:
My family
Life
Crazy parents
Cardinals singing

Awesomeness
Mom and Dad
Friends
Chickadees, nuthatch,wrens, warblers, titmice, blue jays, bluebirds
My children: Will, Ben, Maddie, and Jon
Papa and Nana

Gramma and Granddad
Brothers Will and Jon, and sister Maddie
Playfulness
Laughter
Friends

Sunshine on colorful trees
God
My room
Smiles
Owls
Shelter

Strangers
Other Christians
People who bless us: Rick and Lisa, Brad and Stacy, Brother Ray and Becky, Christy and Jeff Sowell, Blacks, Browns, and Brodys, Conlons and Carliles


No comments: