Thursday, December 31, 2015

Turning the Pages: 2015

I feel like I have NOT read much this year, but when I look at the list I've been building as I finish a book, it seems I'm reading about as much as I normally do. My 2016 resolution may need to be to finish the tall pile of UNfinished books. When I am surrounded by lots of great books, I seem to love to start all of them :)

The green books are nonfiction. I read several books with Will and Ben as I was homeschooling them this fall.

January
1. Red Mist (Patricia Cornwell)
2. Essential Oils for Beginners (Lisa Johnson)
3. Bone Bed (Patricia Cornwell)
4. Dust (Patricia Cornwell)

February
5. Carved in Bone (Jefferson Bass)
6. Pictures of Hollis Woods (Patricia Reilly Giff)
7. Flesh and Bone (Jefferson Bass)
8. American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S.Military History (Chris Kyle and Scott McEwan)
9. Olive Kitteridge (Elizabeth Strout)

March
10. Hands Free Mama (Rachel Macy Stafford)
11. Six Years (Harlan Coben)
12. Let. It. Go.: How to Stop Running the Show and Start Walking in Faith (Karen Ehman
13. Nick of Time (Ted Bell)

April
14. Visioneering: God's Blueprint for Developing and Maintaining Vision (Andy Stanley)
15. The Bible (after a 3-year book-by-book study)
16. The Unquenchable Worshipper (Matt Redman)

May
17. Mary, Mary (James Patterson)
18. The Good and Beautiful Life: Putting on the Character of Christ (James Bryan Smith) - new book club
19. The Whole-Brain Child (Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson)

June
20. The Nesting Place: It Doesn't Have to be Perfect to be Beautiful (Myquillan Smith)
21. The Housewife Assassin's Handbook (Josie Brown)
22. A Severe Mercy (Shelden Vanauken) - book club
23. Tutti Fruity (Mike Faricy)

July
24. Amelia's Story: A Childhood Lost (D.G. Torrens)
25. Caught (Harlan Coben)
26. All Roads Lead Home (Diane Greenwood Muir)
27. Polly's First Christmas (Diane Greenwood Muir)

28. A Big Life in a Small Town (Diane Greenwood Muir)
29. Treasure Uncovered (Diane Greenwood Muir)
30. Gone (James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge)
31. Hedy's Folly: The Life and Breakthrough Inventions of Hedy Lamarr, the Most Beautiful Woman in the World (Richard Rhodes)
32. Murder is Family Business (Heather Haven)

August
33. Organizing the Disorganized Child: Simple Strategies to Succeed in School (Martin L. Kutscher and Marcella Moran)
34. The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing (Marie Kondo)
35. Murder in the Library (Steve Demaree)
36. That Crumpled Paper Was Due Last Week: Helping Disorganized and Distracted Boys Success in School and Life (Ana Homayoun)
37. Habitudes: Images That Form Leadership Habits and Attitudes (Tim Elmore)
38. Outlander (Diana Gabaldon)
39. The Hidden Life: Revelations from a Holy Journey (Kitty Crenshaw and Catherine Snapp) - book club

September
40. Pedro's Journal: A Voyage with Christopher Columbus (Pam Conrad) - with Ben
41. A Lion to Guard Us (Clyde Robert Bulla) - with Ben
42. The Heretic's Daughter (Kathleen Kent)
43. Walk the World's Rim (Betty Baker) - with Ben

October
44. Pocahontas and the Strangers (Clyde Robert Bulla) - with Ben
45. The Sign of the Beaver (Elizabeth George Speare) - with Ben
46. Incas, Aztecs, and Mayans (John Holzmann) - with Ben
47. The Rest of God...Restoring Your Soul by Restoring Sabbath (Mark Buchanan)
48. Bones Never Lie (Kathy Reichs)

November
49. Squanto, Friend of the Pilgrims (Clyde Robert Bulla) - with Ben
50. Teaching from Rest: A Homeschoolers Guide to Unshakable Peace (Sarah Mackenzie)
51. The Courage of Sarah Noble (Alice Dagliesh) - with Ben
52. Dead in the Water (Jack Patterson)
53. The Witch of Blackbird Pond (Elizabeth George Speare) - with Ben
54. The Matchlock Gun (Walter D. Edmonds) - with Ben
55. You and Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity (Francis Chan and Lisa Chan)

December
56. Johnny Tremain (Esther Forbes) - with Will and Ben
57. In Between (Jenny B. Jones)
58. Murder at the Book Fair (Steve Demaree)
59. Only Time Will Tell (Jeffrey Archer)
60. Murder at Breakfast (Steve Demaree)

No comments: