I still love having Christmas in our own home. This year, the decorations were not as elaborate as I've been worn out by our too-busy lifestyle. We did have just enough out to make it feel like a holiday, though. Randy and Shelley were here before breakfast began, and our day started with lots of yummy food -- asparagus and ham casserole, fruit, cinnamon monkey bread, coffee, mmmmm....
Like we have done the last many years, the six of us trade names and get each other gifts.
Will got Maddie a MP4 player for her music.
Maddie got Jon a chess and checkers set and a Lego Superman light.
Jon got Allen a Machi Koro game expansion.
Allen got Will Dr. Who bobbleheads.
Ben got me a birdhouse and made me a painted plate at school.
I got Ben origami sea creatures and paper airplane books and origami paper.
Normally we do a big lunch on Christmas, but this year Santa brought us tickets to see Star Wars at Studio Movie Grill, and we ended up eating a late lunch during the show. By the time we got home around 5, we weren't hungry for dinner, either. I think I may really like this movie and meal option as a way to celebrate future Christmases if there are any good movie options. It was wonderful to not cook and clean all day! Randy and Shelley headed out after the show -- and YES, we really liked the movie!




No comments:
Post a Comment