Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Best Year: Out with the old, In with the new

I found a fill-in-the-blank worksheet online that helps us summarize the best of 2015 and set goals for 2016. I didn't require anyone to fill it out, but I thought it might be fun (for some). The responses were fun to discuss and I thought they'd make a great end-of-the-year blog post.

Ben's answers (I hope think he ignored the numbers)
  • 3 Things I'm grateful for: Mom, Dad, Jon, Maddie, Will
  • 3 Places I want to go: Hawiie [sic]
  • 1 Thing I want to get better at: biking, pottery, piano
  • 3 New things I want to try: acrobatics


Will's answers
  • 2 Favorite memories: Rock climbing and Florida
  • 3 Things I'm grateful for: food and games
  • 1 Hard lesson I learned: don't put a fork in the microwave
  • 3 Places I want to go:  Boston, Seattle, and Gotham
  • 1 Thing I want to get better at: Everything


Maddie's answers
  • 2 Favorite memories: Swimming with dolphins and Indianapolis (for AHG convention)
  • 3 Things I'm grateful for: Family, Jesus, and Santa
  • 1 Hard lesson I learned: Alerbra [sic - algebra]
  • 1 Thing I did this year I'm proud of: swimming in over 15-feet of water
  • 3 Places I want to go: Colorado, Washington, DC, and Mt. Rushmore
  • 1 Thing I want to get better at: Painting pictures
  • 2 Ways I can help others: Cook and serve
  • 2 Things I am looking forward to: Kids Camp and school
  • 3 New things I want to try: Make a basket, make soap, and read 100 books

Jon's answers
  • 2 Favorite memories: Florida trip, Six Flags, rock climbing, and camping
  • 3 Things I'm grateful for: God, Jesus, family
  • 1 Hard lesson I learned: Not to wrestle with Will
  • 1 Thing I did this year I'm proud of: Praising God
  • 3 Places I want to go: To a rocket museum, Colorado, New Mexico (Angelfire)
  • 1 Thing I want to get better at: Helping others
  • 2 Ways I can help others: Doing chores and being together
  • 2 Things I am looking forward to: Going to use my 4th grade [National] park pass and getting an iPad
  • 3 New things I want to try: Figure out my Ozobot, play basketball, and doing ALL the chores

Allen's answers
  • 2 Favorite memories: Easter weekend camping and reunion weekend
  • 3 Things I'm grateful for: Family, friends, and faith
  • 1 Hard lesson I learned: Don't assume people know how to manage others
  • 1 Thing I did this year I'm proud of: The growth our family has made in our ability to be a team
  • 3 Places I want to go: Southern Utah, Banff, and BGGCon (a board gaming convention)
  • 1 Thing I want to get better at: Understanding others
  • 2 Ways I can help others: Spend more time with them and hug my family more
  • 2 Things I am looking forward to: Camping in the spring and vacation with family
  • 3 New things I want to try: Pecan pie from scratch, model painting, and come home on time consistently

Sarah's answers (maybe Ben counts as well as I do...?)
  • 2 Favorite memories: Hosting PCM choir concert at our church, camping with family at Easter, and 20th year class reunion weekend
  • 3 Things I'm grateful for: Jesus, Allen, our kids, our pets
  • 1 Hard lesson I learned: I need more margins in our calendar
  • 3 Places I want to go: Uganda, Paris and Swiss Alps, Banff and US National parks
  • 1 Thing I want to get better at: Painting and teaching
  • 2 Ways I can help others: PATIENCE
  • 2 Things I am looking forward to: Uganda trip and time away with Allen

No comments: