
Just another number. Dad reminded me this weekend that age is just a number and doesn't mean anything. Nonetheless, I chose to celebrate my third annual 29th birthday rather than my 31st. I don't know why it bugs me, it just does. We spend the weekend at my parents' and my brother and his family came, too. It was a fairly lazy weekend with the guys fishing most of the time, I napped and read, and we all ate way more than we meant to. I hadn't met my niece yet, and that was such a delight. She is such a pretty, happy, babbly baby with bright

blue eyes. On Sunday afternoon, we tried taking photos of all the kids with the grandparents, and, well, that was an experience. Who was the most cooperative child? Baby Julianne, of course. I am sure if a 12 week old baby could roll her eyes and say, "What on earth IS this insanity?" she would be doing just that. It is crazy trying to get five small kids to look the same way. . .especially when there are six adults directing the show. Will had not had a nap and by the end, he was cranky and tired of posing. The triplets took turns trying to crawl away, and Julianne laid there looking at the fiasco. We did manage to get at least one that will probably hang on Gramma's fridge for awhile.



It was fun watching my children meet a cousin. The triplets haven't been around anyone smaller than them, and they were fascinated. When they first saw Julianne, the came over and looked, getting as close as possible, but they never touched her. Although they rushed to her side, they moved very slowly and quietly. The next day, when we took these pictures, they didn't have a problem climbing over her or sitting on her. She was just fine, and I am sure her cousins will toughen her up a bit.
Mom saved me a few clips of the For Better or For Worse comic strips that she thought I'd appreciate. She was right. It is strange to me that four blocks of sketches andword bubbles can so easily sum up my thoughts.


No comments:
Post a Comment