1. Get back to FLYing with FlyLady
2. Scrap often
3. Celebrate the everyday things
I decided to focus on just a little at a time instead of doing all my new year's resolutions at once. That way, I can develop habits without being overwhelmed by 20 new things at once. January was my month of making healthier food choices. So far I've lost 4 pounds by snacking and dining healthier & drinking more water. For February, I am trying to get back to FLYing with FlyLady. The FlyLady site defines her as one who weaves her way through housecleaning and organizing tips with homespun humor. Before we left Kansas the FlyLady routine is what kept our house from being completely embarrassing. I did have once that I remember when I had family coming, but the babies had just come home. My friend Vicki came and saved the day by helping me scrub the place clean (thanks so much!) Well, I kept it clean & now I need to rescue this new house from myself. Actually it isn't that bad, but I've become complacent about some of the boxes around here that still haven't been unpacked. And the kids' rooms need to be decorated so they look more like children's rooms instead of like storage rooms. So, here we go . . . .
Scrap often . . . January's goal was to unpack & organize my scrap supplies. Once I got that accomplished, I was back to having my stress relief. When my scanner gets reset or my camera battery is recharged, I'll post my latest creations. Whee! Last night I got a layout done and I was so pumped up that it took a long time to come off the rush enough to sleep. I love that feeling - to me it is addictive.
And to celebrate the everyday. . .
I decided to focus on just a little at a time instead of doing all my new year's resolutions at once. That way, I can develop habits without being overwhelmed by 20 new things at once. January was my month of making healthier food choices. So far I've lost 4 pounds by snacking and dining healthier & drinking more water. For February, I am trying to get back to FLYing with FlyLady. The FlyLady site defines her as one who weaves her way through housecleaning and organizing tips with homespun humor. Before we left Kansas the FlyLady routine is what kept our house from being completely embarrassing. I did have once that I remember when I had family coming, but the babies had just come home. My friend Vicki came and saved the day by helping me scrub the place clean (thanks so much!) Well, I kept it clean & now I need to rescue this new house from myself. Actually it isn't that bad, but I've become complacent about some of the boxes around here that still haven't been unpacked. And the kids' rooms need to be decorated so they look more like children's rooms instead of like storage rooms. So, here we go . . . .
Scrap often . . . January's goal was to unpack & organize my scrap supplies. Once I got that accomplished, I was back to having my stress relief. When my scanner gets reset or my camera battery is recharged, I'll post my latest creations. Whee! Last night I got a layout done and I was so pumped up that it took a long time to come off the rush enough to sleep. I love that feeling - to me it is addictive.
And to celebrate the everyday. . .
Here are the babies at snack time. It is dangerous to interfere when they are drinking their milk. Wouldn't this make a cute ad for Nuby sippy cups?
If someone puts down a cup and it isn't empty, it definitely gets nabbed by someone else. Here Jon has taken Ben's cup.
Maddie isn't thrilled that the cup is empty.
Ben doesn't care.
This morning, Ben and Jon team up to move the chair a few feet from the table. "That should cause Mom some grief when she seats us for lunch."
Will enjoys telling jokes now. They seem to be like this: "How do you eat a light bulb?", "I don't know, Will, you tell me." "With watermelon! Hahaha!"
Ummm. . . ok?
Have a funny day!
3 comments:
HA HA HA HA... ? Yeah, I don't get them either.
We should offer him a plate of watermelon with an ornament (or cat, two of his other favorite joke setups) just to see what happens.
PARENTING IS SO FUN!
Thanks for sharing your daily goings-on! I did what you suggested about clicking on "subscribe" so that I could get an email alert when you have a new blog posted. But you'll have to connect the dots for me. I didn't see a space to do that.
~shelley
WoW... the babies have gotten so big since I had the opportunity to photograph them! They all are just so precious.. and look to be a bit on the curious side!!!LOL
~Alisa A.
Post a Comment