The week has been fairly normal. Wednesday was warm enough
that I got a funny picture of Will. I looked on the patio and saw his shirt on the ground. . .then I saw the pants. . .then I got the camera. When I asked Will, who was sitting in a small bucket of water, what he was doing with his clothes off, he told me with a huge grin, "Mama, it is such a beautiful day for a swim!" A few minutes later he called for help . . .his little tush was stuck in the bucket and he couldn't get out. I decided to let him just BE outside (I was able to watch him through the window). A bit later, I peered out and saw his soaking wet Spidey underpants being used to scrub the rocking horse. I got the camera again, and took a shot out the door, but by then he figured out how to dip his underpants in the water, hold them on a stick and drip water everywhere. I am adjusting to having a little kid who likes to be a little kid -- I am sure I did similar things when I was young, but I don't remember being naked in my yard. Allen says that sounds like what he did, though, so I guess its normal. I was tickled by the situation, so I called Jennie to find out how cold it was in Kansas. Very cold. Here I was with a naked wet kiddo outside without any goose bumps -- February 20th. When the little ones were ready for a nap, he came in and I put him in the big tub in my bathroom and he bathed and played with his pirate ship for a long, long time. After he was clean and very pruney, he took a long nap.
that I got a funny picture of Will. I looked on the patio and saw his shirt on the ground. . .then I saw the pants. . .then I got the camera. When I asked Will, who was sitting in a small bucket of water, what he was doing with his clothes off, he told me with a huge grin, "Mama, it is such a beautiful day for a swim!" A few minutes later he called for help . . .his little tush was stuck in the bucket and he couldn't get out. I decided to let him just BE outside (I was able to watch him through the window). A bit later, I peered out and saw his soaking wet Spidey underpants being used to scrub the rocking horse. I got the camera again, and took a shot out the door, but by then he figured out how to dip his underpants in the water, hold them on a stick and drip water everywhere. I am adjusting to having a little kid who likes to be a little kid -- I am sure I did similar things when I was young, but I don't remember being naked in my yard. Allen says that sounds like what he did, though, so I guess its normal. I was tickled by the situation, so I called Jennie to find out how cold it was in Kansas. Very cold. Here I was with a naked wet kiddo outside without any goose bumps -- February 20th. When the little ones were ready for a nap, he came in and I put him in the big tub in my bathroom and he bathed and played with his pirate ship for a long, long time. After he was clean and very pruney, he took a long nap.Yesterday it rained hard all day. Rather gloomy, but a nice temperature made it bearable. I went to a Mommy Makeover seminar with my Mothers of Multiples group while Allen stayed with the kids for a long lunch break. Although I am not ready for it yet, I would love to have my tummy tucked. I am struggling with the entire thing though. I always heard that plastic surgery is addictive (like tattoos, but that is another story for another day). Once you've had something "corrected" it isn't such a stretch to do something else the next year. I don't want to fall into that. Allen says that recognizing that fact may keep me from actually falling into that trap, but I have my doubts. Although I've thought about a tuck since I saw my tummy stretch over those three precious babies, until I went to the seminar with my friends, I didn't really consider having anything else done. Since the surgeon made all the procedures seem so normal, I find myself considering other things too -- lipo out my double chin, lift the streched out milk jugs back to their original positions. And I hate that I have turned into to someone that would consider anything that might be on an episode of Nip Tuck. Can't I just be happy with the body God gave me? If I did change anything surgically, how would I be able to convince my daughter to be happy with her body when she gets to the age when she isn't -- wouldn't that make me a hypocrite? I am not ready for anything yet, but since I am always one to deeply investigate the water before I jump in, I am giving myself a head start. So there you have it. More information that I thought I'd ever share, but who cares? This blog is my journal, and someday, when I ask, "What was I thinking?" I will have it written down so I will know.
No comments:
Post a Comment