Monday, May 5, 2008

I demand a Raise . . .who do I talk to?

Just after I got the babies cleaned up from breakfast, I sat Will down with his daily does of cinnamon oatmeal, and decided to check in with Allen to find out how the hockey game ended last night. As we were talking I heard a lot of commotion then a lot of crying from Maddie and Ben. I told Allen I'd call him back and I went to see who was bitten. As it turns out, Will (not feeling great)abandoned his bowl of oats to lay on the couch. Ben reached the bowl and ran off with it. Maddie was crying because she wanted it. (Realize that I didn't know what was going on until the LOUD crying started) Now, I am making some inferences based on what I saw: Ben started crying when Maddie stole his "HAT"!!! So I came into the picture and Maddie is giggling as she is running across the living room away from Ben with an EMPTY bowl. I get frustrated because Will left his (empty) bowl out. As I look around and see Ben, I realize that the bowl was actually emptied on his head. . .and tummy . . .and feet. . .and this is all on my living room carpet. I took a deep breath, and like any mom should do in this situation, I calmly counted to ten, then let them all have a good yellin'. I asked Will to help me clean up the mess, so he let the dog in -- thank you, God, for my furry maid! I sprayed Ben off in the sink (You wouldn't believe how hairy his feet were! Oatmeal + Black dog hair = big fuzzy slippers). I can't seem to get the cinnamon smell out of the room, but the good thing is I like the smell of cinnamon, AND the carpet is the same color as the oatmeal. . . .that unfortunately means that I probably will be fininding crunchies in the carpet for the next 2 weeks. I went to change my clothes after carrying around oatmeal kids, and the cat was barfing all over my bedroom. I still had not had my coffee. I was worn out and called to finish my conversation with Allen. I reminded him how much I love my job & need a raise, and I found out that the Stars won the game last night in the 4th overtime. I called Jennie and found out that I missed a great weekend at Chasing Rainbows, but I am so glad it went well. Now to start planning for a class for the next time I make it to Kansas. . . but first I need a nap. Yes I say that and it's not even 10 am. I hope the rest of the day is so jolly!

1 comment:

Aja Jenise said...

We missed you this weekend!! Sorry for such a rough morning out there... On the up side... I got 21pages done at the CROP. And your pages posted here are great inspiration. I enjoy stopping by to read up on your happenings. I have to say it was an amusing experience to read... maybe you can appreciate that tomorrow... right?! Be back for more soon, Aja