I know I haven't blogged in awhile. . . In case I forgot, my mom and mother-in-law both called to tell me I wasn't keeping up with demand.
Truth be told, its been a lot of the same old thing. The days start out with kids screaming at me because they are hungry and poopy, I feed them, clean the kitchen, start the laundry, change more diapers, then put the babies down for a morning. Will wants to play outside or make a mess inside that he will try to clean up, but I will still need to finish the job. Then its time for the diaper-lunch-clean up routine. All the babies seem to want 100% of my attention and often there is whining and crying when there are two kids in my lap and the third can't get comfortable, or I have to put someone down to keep another off a table. Ben is getting his molars in and is particularly temperamental -- lots of tantrums and biting (furniture & siblings). I get cranky too soon, and when they are all four asleep I finally have a minute (sometimes 2 minutes) to myself and I'm not in the mood to finish the laundry, I just need a break. So the laundry pile is clean -- when we get dressed, we climb the mountain of shirts or forge the sock river. I wouldn't even bother dressing the little ones since it is pretty hot, but they all like taking the velcro tabs off and dropping the diapers or playing with poop. There is some relief when Allen gets home. Many times, it’s just that I really needed a hug from someone who loves these stinkers as much as I do. Allen has been working longer hours and he will be for a few weeks. Just KNOWING that wears me out. That means I’ll have to keep my cool even more.
On a positive note, we have spent several evenings in the little splash pool. I can lay back in the cool water, with a warm breezy rustling my hair, and birds chirping while the leaves rustle, and I can almost imagine I’m at a beach. Then a cold wet toddler jumps in my lap, grabs my cheeks in his chubby little hands, and gives me a big humming kiss. I love that part! Then another little one pushes him over enough to climb on my lap and stare in my sunglasses at “ME-ME” and give MEME (aka: the reflection) wet kisses. I think that might be how Maddie says “Maddie,” but it is also “Me” to her, so who knows. She pokes at the pretty reflection and giggles constantly. Then the other wet toddler pushes the first two over just to get a hug. Then the big kid realizes all the fun must be on Mama so he does a cannon-ball splash just to get everyone to look at him. . .and then, and then, and then. Do you think a palm tree will make me feel like I’m at a beach?
So. . . rather than bore everyone daily or make everyone think I am constantly crabby, I just don't post anything. Lately I feel like I am running on empty, and I can’t seem to work in my fill-up. I really need a vacation. . .and I hate feeling like I need to get away from kids. Then the guilt starts . . . and I want the vacation NOW!
On a positive note, we have spent several evenings in the little splash pool. I can lay back in the cool water, with a warm breezy rustling my hair, and birds chirping while the leaves rustle, and I can almost imagine I’m at a beach. Then a cold wet toddler jumps in my lap, grabs my cheeks in his chubby little hands, and gives me a big humming kiss. I love that part! Then another little one pushes him over enough to climb on my lap and stare in my sunglasses at “ME-ME” and give MEME (aka: the reflection) wet kisses. I think that might be how Maddie says “Maddie,” but it is also “Me” to her, so who knows. She pokes at the pretty reflection and giggles constantly. Then the other wet toddler pushes the first two over just to get a hug. Then the big kid realizes all the fun must be on Mama so he does a cannon-ball splash just to get everyone to look at him. . .and then, and then, and then. Do you think a palm tree will make me feel like I’m at a beach?
So. . . rather than bore everyone daily or make everyone think I am constantly crabby, I just don't post anything. Lately I feel like I am running on empty, and I can’t seem to work in my fill-up. I really need a vacation. . .and I hate feeling like I need to get away from kids. Then the guilt starts . . . and I want the vacation NOW!
On an unrelated matter, Will has decided since he saw the last video that he wanted to be the star. I promised him I'd put his movie on the blog. He decided to act rather goofy, but any superhero in our house would have to be, right?
If you watched the previous video of the triplets on the couch, you heard Will say the same things. In fact, everytime he thinks I am filming he says "We are not going anywhere today!" I guess he thinks that's his movie line. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment