
We finally did it! I assembled the little three-foot tree and put the lights and ribbon on. The kids all helped me decorate it. Actually the kids decorated it and I had to "fix" a few things since there were about five ornaments per branch on only the lowest branches. A few of Will's ornaments ended up toward the top, but otherwise it was a very unbalanced masterpiece. Will patiently taught the little kids how to loop the ribbons on the branches, and tried explaining that some needed to be higher, but the kids still kept them fairly low. Maddie had fun playing with the "baby" and "mama" (aka: Jesus and Mary) and driving the stroller ornament around the table. She put a few ornaments on the tree, but she enjoyed the playing a whole lot more. Ben played with the sled and tractor and rang the Sesame Street bell ornaments. He kept the plush snowmen singing "We wish you a Merry Christmas" the entire time we decorated and all three boys hummed and danced along. Jon caught on to what Will and I were doing and he was very focused when he concentrated on getting the ribbon-loops over the branches. He had so much fun doing it that as soon as he'd get one hung, he would take it down and move it to another branch just to do it all over again. The kids all enjoyed decorating the tree, and I had a blast taking pictures of the different ways they expressed their holiday cheer.
I just felt like scrapbooking it. Papers and embellishments by Shabby Princess Designs, title by Ali Edwards, and template by Yin Designs.
1 comment:
Priceless... you made the decorating, picture taking, and page design and all look... EFFORTLESS!! Your a gem!!
Go check out my blog... I left an award for you!!
Post a Comment