I'll bet you read the title of this entry and thought, "They put the Christmas Tree up!" Wrong. . . . it is still in the box, right next to the boxes of ornaments. If it isn't up by Saturday, we will spend the afternoon getting it set up.
Will's preschool class took another field trip and it was to an old-fashioned, out-in-the boonies Christmas tree farm. And since it was a field trip, he insisted I go, too. When I asked Will why he liked for me to go on the trips he said, "Because I like being with you, Mama. I love you and where you go I go just like in the Bible story {of Ruth}." I beamed on the inside and outside. It's nice to know he still wants me around, I know those days are numbered.
Yesterday the high here was 32 degrees, so this morning I called the school to make sure they hadn't cancelled the trip. I bundled up Ben, Maddie, and Jon in long underwear, jeans, sweatshirts, jackets, mittens and hats -- it was cute to see them waddle around trying to see out from the hats. Will was also dressed for the cold with a big cozy coat. We got to the farm and I decided to try to get around without a wagon. The little kids did a great job sticking with me, and the walking went a little faster when one of Will's classmates parents each carried one of my toddlers. Maddie got pretty attached to Mrs. Veronica and wouldn't even follow me without Veronica holding her hand. Ben found himself a buddy, too. I let the little ones walk as much as I could, but occasionally we carried them just to catch up to the big kids.
After all the fun in the cold, I gathered the kids, buckled them in, and we headed home. I knew it would happen, but I couldn't stop it -- they all slept on the way home. Unfortunately, that made for a rough afternoon since they didn't get a full nap in the car, but they were convinced they were done sleeping for the day. 

No comments:
Post a Comment