6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 large green apple (or 2 small) peeled, cored, sliced
1 can (15 oz.) whole cranberry sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 C. unsweetened apple cider (or juice)
Place chicken in crockpot. Put apples on top of chicken, spread them out to cover as much chicken as possible. Pour the cranberry sauce on top of the apples, spread it out, too. Mix the brown sugar into the cider and pour it all on top of the chicken and fruit. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours. We sprinkled gorgonzola cheese on top when we plated it -- YUMMY! I think next time we will put a few crushed walnuts or pecans on top, too. It needed some crunch.

While that cooked, I made my fancy-scmancy name tag for the crop at Chasing Rainbows next week. I like how it turned out . . .me as a fairy princess! I had fun getting creative. I doodled me on a transparency, then cut scraps of paper to be my face, hair, and shirt, and stuck the pieces under the transparency. I used a sticker for the crown, and some cut outs of hearts for the wings. I added a few paper daisies (my favorite flowers), and lots of sparkly glitter. It has my name on it, too, but you can't see that in this part of the tag.
Today I caught Ben trying to get out of the living room. Since we have gates or doors at all entries of the living room, it is basically a giant playpen where we can keep the kids corraled and know they should be safe. I saw Ben with his left foot on the rail of the gate and his right foot trying to climb the gate while he pulled himself from the top. Luckily he had on pjs so his foot kept slipping. When he got tired of that I could see the gears crankin' in his mind as he tried putting his head under the lower rail. That didn't work so he quickly turned around and tried to back under the rail feet first. That didn't work so he stood back up and put his leg through the rails. All the while the look on his face was "I WILL get this figured out!" Ben is up to about 5 unassisted steps before falling.
Tonight, I am trying out another crockpot chicken recipe. If it's as tasty, I'll share that recipe, too! Have a great one!
1 comment:
She's a mischevious fairy, too. Think a cross between Belinda and Tinkerbell and the Absinthe fairy from Moulin Rouge.
Post a Comment