My four-year old came rushing through the living room carrying one of the babies' Push-or-Ride cars in his arms. "Rubber Ducky Power Ranger to the rescue!" he shouted with authority. I giggled. "I'm serious. Don't laugh!" he demanded. OOPS! After three more similar incidents, I can take it without chuckling. ...after all, I AM Mommy Power Ranger according to Will. It was just something about Sesame Street Ernie's rubber ducky always making a high-pitched, wimpy squeak that makes this situation so goofy. But my RDPR is tough, and today he won't answer to "Will".
Today I am weaing a bohemian printed t-shirt with little bitty sparkly gems all over the front. Why should that matter? This shirt (and another similar one) makes my day full of love. The little ones come to me so much more quickly when I get on the floor to play. They are drawn to the twinkles, but also the bumpy texture. Maddie laid her head on my shoulder, had fingers in her mouth, and was scratching the gems with her other hand. The facets caught the sunlight and Ben rushed over and tried to push her out of the way to play with them. Jon say happily on the couch pulling a string out of a woven blanket.
I have a handful of cranky kiddos today, but I know someday the tooth-fairy will visit and all the pain will be forgotten. The last tooth count: 2, 4, 6, ate. Jon still only has his two bottom teeth, but I can feel two on top coming though. The silly kid refuses to let me look in his mouth. What is he afraid I'll do? Maddie has four and looks like an adorable little bat -- the two bottom middle ones, and the two side top ones. I can see that the top middle ones are starting to come in now too, but I wish you could see her silly smile now. Ben is in the lead with two bottom ones and four top teeth already part of his smile. His side bottom teeth are erupting now, and that makes for a fussy Ben. Ben and Maddie spent the morning whining, crying, drooling, and chewing on fingers.
So today should be interesting. Between Rubber Ducky Power Ranger, my sparkly shirt, and teething toddlers -- pretty balanced, right? Let's see how much Mommy PR can get done around the house today.
No comments:
Post a Comment