I had planned on saying Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!
I had thought about having a mini celebration since the 2nd of January meant the babies are now a year-old (adjusted)
. . . .but plans change.
On Wednesday Allen and I took Maddie and Jon to the pediatrician because they were wheezy. Since premies can have life-threatening complications with RSV and pneumonia and I know nothing about asthma, we took them in. After a few breathing treatments at the office, those two were off on an adventure with Mom. First to get tested for RSV then to get chest x-rays. Allen took Ben and Will home for naps. After the results were in, doc wanted Jon going home on breathing treatments and Maddie going to the hospital overnight for oxygen and observation. They did not have pneumonia or RSV -- amen.
Maddie and I went to the hospital Wednesday night. She was having so much trouble breathing, I was getting sympathy pains -- it is heart breaking so see your child so sick. All night the nurses had to keep increasing here oxygen, so we weren't going home anytime soon. Night turned to day, day turned to night, Maddie and I got mini-naps between all the round the clock care. I was exhausted. My mom had come on Thursday to help us with the kiddos at home. When Allen got off work Friday, he came to the hospital and I went home to see the boys. I was so tired, I convinced him (rather easily, I am happy to say) to spend the night with her so I could sleep. Since Allen had to be at work at 6 am Saturday, I got up early and went back to Maddie. She had been off oxygen since Friday morning so when the doc came to see her this (Saturday) morning, it was easy to convince her to let us come home. Maddie is mostly back to herself -- our happy little sunbeam, anxious to play. It is good to be home.
My New Year's Resolution? I'd just like to go a whole year without going back to a hospital!
Have a wonderful 2008!!
No comments:
Post a Comment