Monday, January 7, 2008

Pediatrician Follow-up

I am so thankful for grandparents who live close. Thank you Nana and Gramma for helping us get through Maddie being sick. We appreciate your help so much!

I took Maddie for a follow-up visit and she is doing great! The doc said she had a bronchial virus. The boys got it too, but she just reacted differently. Since the triplets were born so early and were on ventilators and oxygen, they are more susceptible to severe respiratory infections. That was just one example, but the doctor said it could have been a lot worse. He recommeded that I isolate them from other children as much as possible until we get through RSV season at the end of April.

So far, I am handling this okay, but we are on day one. I called the church and had them strike us from the weekly Bible Study I am involved in (childcare was provided), Mothers of Preschoolers twice a month, and Mother's Day Out twice a month. I think I will miss Mother's Day Out most of all. On two Wednesdays a month, Will and I would spend the day together doing things that are too difficult for us to do with three babies. I hope to find an evening Bible Study to get involved in so that I still get a chance to get out.

I hope to finish unpacking all my scrapbooking stuff soon so that I can use scrapbooking as my outlet when Mommying gets to be too much and I need a break. Hopefully I can get that done this week. Hmm -- my To Do list is getting longer: clean scrapbook room, put away laundry, plan menu and cook for the month, put away laundry, scrapbook, put away Christmas decorations before spring break, put away laundry. Since the list is so long, I am going to go nap since the kids are all resting.




Forget that thought -- Jon is crying.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Worry not all - Daddy plans on helping out so that Sarah doesn't develop severe cabin fever!