Monday, November 24, 2008

The kids and I arrived at my parents' yesterday in time for lunch. In the afternoon, Dad stayed with the kids while Mom and I ran to the store for some groceries. After chicking to make sure Dad was surviving we headed back out to go dress shopping. After dinner, Dad and I went walking for a few miles. It was a beautiful November night and not even cool enough to need a jacket.

This morning Mom worked and Dad and I took all the kids to the children's museum. It kept the kids busy, and every twenty minutes I sprayed hand-sanitizer on their palms. When I would call them, they'd line up with their hands out -- I'll do anything to keep them occupied, but I don't want all those kid germs ruining our holidays with sickness. This afternoon the babies napped and Will and I ran a few errands then scrapbooked together. Rephrase -- I TRIED scrapbooking while he used all the supplies to make a bunch of "Momma, Look!" After naps, the kids ran around outside for a bit, threw rocks in the lake, stomped in the mud, visited the neighbors dogs, waved at the horsey, and came inside when it got cold.

Now the kiddos are anxiously awaiting dinner, Dad is trying to hear the news, and I am stealing a few minutes of quiet to update the blog -- after all, Daddy will want to know what we did today.

No comments: