Friday, January 15, 2010

Lots of Laughter

We had a fun day. The kids stayed in pjs just long enough to eat breakfast. When I was on the phone with Will's teacher, three little kids ran by me squealing. They had just stripped down to their diapers and were on the way upstairs for a new adventure. Not long after that, I was having the oddest conversations with them. Here are some sentences I caught my self saying,

"Jon, please don't climb that ladder when you are wearing high heeled shoes."
"Maddie, he is called 'Santa Clause,' not 'Santa THE Clause."
"No, sweetie, I am pretty sure Santa wears more than just a hat and diaper. Oh? Yeah, maybe he wears pink tennis shoes, but definitely with socks. Yes, Dear. You can still be Santa without putting the socks on."


At some point just before lunch, I had to sit down to laugh. Ben (wearing only a diaper and a pair of blue slippers) was chasing Maddie (wearing only the Santa hat and diaper) round and round the couch. They kept crashing into each other and falling to the floor full of giggles. It was the goofiest sight, especially since it is cold here. I had put on socks, slippers, and a sweater just to keep from shivering and they have been running around nearly nude.


We had a good morning with lots of laughter and hugs. I made curried chicken and rice salad for our dinner tonight and the little kids colored. Was it too much to hope for a smooth naptime? It had been TOO quiet for a bit long, so I went to check on the boys. Ben was snuggled in his comforter sound asleep, but Jon was not in bed, and I didn't find him immediately. I sternly commanded, "Jon! Where are you? You get back in bed." Usually, at that point, I get the whiny "I don't want to sleep!" but the response was silence. I finally found him . . . hiding . . .

... yes, he is under his bed. I don't know how he stays warm or comfortable this way, but I won't complain. This is the second day in a row he has gone to sleep at naptime without a fight.

And now the day is about to be even better. . . Will is coming home early for a long weekend!

1 comment:

Kathy Goddard said...

Love it! What a cutie! Glad ya'll are enjoying your day!