Friday, January 22, 2010

One day at a time

Monday at 1:55pm -- The day started well. Will has the day off for Martin Luther King, Jr., Day, and we've spent the morning coloring, reading, and playing. The three little ones are napping, but Will isn't. I am really used to having a little bit of quiet and I haven't gotten it today. Who decided that a holiday on a Monday was a great idea? And why do the kids get the day off but not all the parents? . . . on my way to crazy and missing Allen.

Tuesday at 8:06am -- Two little boys with ugly coughs and a little girl who wants her share of the attention -- its a pj and loving day here, but I'll miss Bible study. :(

Wednesday at 9:59pm -- When I get to heaven I'm going to ask God, "Why?" As in WHY do the tornado sirens go off when we are trying to get the kids in bed. And after we calm them down and tuck them in, and they keep getting up because they are worried, and we finally get them to stay. . . WHY do we have to go through it all AGAIN!! But, I plan to say THANKS many more times before I ask. Everything here was fine and we are okay.

Thursday at 8:14pm -- Ben, Maddie, and Jon all went to mother's day out today because they were doing class pictures. With a day to myself, I went to the Bible bookstore and Barnes & Noble, had lunch with a good friend, got the oil changed in the car, and browsed several other stores -- just because. It was a nice day. Will brought home a letter that the county was offering free H1N1 vaccines for students at his school. We took Will to the school to get his shot, and they told us we could ALL get it. All six of us -- what a family event! Yes, there were some tears, but as we were leaving, Ben and Jon each went to to the nurse that gave them shots and said, "Thank you for the shot and bandaid!" We went out for dinner and treats, then brought our tired kiddos home for bed.

Friday at 1:06pm -- I am thankful for the quiet few minutes I found today. Allen and I did not sleep well, and I am exhausted. Ben, Maddie, and Jon are back to coughing and have runny noses. Ben has been particularly cranky and clingy this morning. I've cuddled kids most of the morning, I'm cuddled out, and I must recharge. . . but Jon isn't sleeping, I'm achy, and I am quickly approaching grumpy.

No comments: