On July 1, 2002, I made a list of 101 Things I Want to Do in my Lifetime. Each year I try to accomplish at least one thing from that list. I read the list at the beginning of the year to set a goal, but I revisit it throughout the year and check off some that I've accomplished. It has been fun to check things off, but I haven't really felt the need to add to the list. Some of the things that I have done include:
#7 Scuba dive - 09/2002
#26 Learn to make soap - 9/2002
#70 Make a quilt - 12/2002, 2/2003, 12/2003, . . .
#3 Have a child - 12/2003, 10/2006 x 3
#55 Have someone call me Mom - 2004, 2007 x 3
#28 Finish a scrapbook - 01/2004, . . .
#1 Have a job I am passionate about - 10/2004
#22 Learn to cook at a cooking school - 12/2004
#33 Snorkel in Belize - 12/2004, 06/2005
#72 Read a book on Texas history - 12/2005
#80 Be a bridesmaid - 01/2006
Going through the list today, I got to check off four things I completed this year.
#91 Help a child learn to read - 2008
#83 Get a pedicure - 08/2008
#39 See New England in September - 09/2008
#38 Lose 20 pounds healthily - 11/2008
And what do I have my eyes on for the next year?
#36 Learn to tango
#68 Have a cozy porch
#76 Spend two weeks on the Mediterranean
Hmmm. . . it seems I may have to get my dance partner involved in all three of these. (hint, hint)
1 comment:
wait what?
Post a Comment