New Year's Resolutions - normally, they aren't really for me. Yes, I do try to do something to improve myself, but several years ago, I decided to try to check off something from a sort of a bucket list. Back in July 2002 I made a list of 101 things I wanted to do in my lifetime.
Last year (2011) I didn't make much progress, so I didn't even post an update. This year, I've checked off several, so I'm back to being enthusiastic about it. Here is my checked-off list for 2011 and 2012.
#12 - Paint with watercolors and do it well (spring 2012) It isn't perfect, but I love how it turned out!! I am definitely inspired to keep trying.
#14 - Read the entire Bible in six months (I finished that one in 2011...in three months!)
#17 - Spend a day at the spa (San Diego, March 2012)
#81 - Remove the stain from my front teeth (February 2012)
#95 - Go on a trip planned by Allen (San Diego, March 2012)
#99 - Have friends that are a couple and friends to both Allen and me (2012)
A person can change a lot in ten years. Looking over the list, I see several things I cared about then, that I don't give a hoot about anymore. Maybe this year will be the one I replace these with some new ones.
#10 - Have a flower shop
#23 - Paint my house
#42 - Tile a kitchen or bathroom
#50 - Have an attic room
#58 - Do a nature film
#65 - Have my own field of lavender
#74 - Refinish all the bedroom furniture
All in all, I'm pleased with the progress! I am excited to try new things for 2013 -- some of the new things are sort of resolutions, some more of checking off more from my original 101.

No comments:
Post a Comment