The last few years I have enjoyed having a year-end list of what books I read during the year. I read enough that I easily forget which books I mean to recommend to friends, and the list is a way to recall the titles and authors. I still love reading a good mystery, but each year my lists get better. I aim to read books that challenge me to learn and grow. I used red text to indicate which of my reads have been nonfiction; I read several parenting books, many about homeschooling, and lots of memoirs and biographies. I highlighted our book club reads with orange, and the novels I read aloud with the kids are highlighted purple. This is the first year in my three years of book club that I did not read all the choices. Life got busy when we started homeschooling and if I knew I would be missing book club meetings and sometimes, if the books didn't immediately call to me, I was okay with skipping it.
January
1. Wish You Well (David Baldacci)
2. Making Children Mind Without Losing Yours (Kevin Leman)
3. Mommies Who Drink (Brett Paesel)
February
4. What is the What (Dave Eggers)
5. The Thomas Berryman Number (James Patterson)
6. Bleachers (John Grisham)
7. Stiff (Mary Roach)
March
8. The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling (Debra Bell)
9. Play Dead (Harlan Coben)
10. Peter Duck (Arthur Ransome)
11. Drop Shot (Harlan Coben)
12. The Hurried Child (Dave Elkind)
April
13.7th Heaven (James Patterson & Maxine Paetro)
14. Charlotte Mason Companion: Personal Reflections on the Gentle Art of Learning (Karen Andreola)
15. The Wheel on the School (Meindert Dejong)
16. The Courage of Sarah Noble (Alice Dalgliesh)
17. 8th Confessions (James Patterson & Maxine Paetro)
18. A Thousand Splendid Suns (Khalid Hosseini)
19. 9th Judgement (James Patterson & Maxine Paetro)
May
20. 10th Anniversary (James Patterson & Maxine Paetro)
21. Island of the Blue Dolphins (Scott O'Dell)
22. Heaven is for Real (Todd Burpo & Lynn Vincent)
23. What's So Amazing About Grace (Philip Yancey)
24. Death Comes to Pemberley (P.D. James)
June
25. The Memory Keeper's Daughter (Kim Edwards)
26. One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are (Ann Voskamp)
27. Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire With God, Not Food (Lysa TerKeurst)
28. Spider Bones (Kathy Reichs)
July
29. The Full Cupboard of Life (Alexander McCall Smith)
30. Decision Points (George W. Bush)
August
31. Now You See Her (James Patterson & Michael Ledwidge)
32. Infidel (Ayaan Hirsi Ali)
33. The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate (Jacqueline Kelly)
34. Hell's Corner (David Baldacci)
September
35. Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter (Seth Grahame-Smith)
36. Creative Correction: Extraordinary Ideas for Everyday Discipline (Lisa Whelchel)
37. Kill Alex Cross (James Patterson)
38. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks (Rebecca Skloot)
39. Weekend Warriors (Fern Michaels)
40. Port Mortuary (Patricia Cornwell)
October
41. Because of Winn-Dixie (Kate DiCamillo)
42. Red Mist (Patricia Cornwell)
43. Hide and Seek (Fern Michaels)
44. And Then There Were None (Agatha Christie)
45. 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess (Jen Hatmaker)
46. Flash and Bones (Kathy Reichs)
November
47. The Jury (Fern Michaels)
48. The Life of Pi (Yann Martel)
December
49. Seven Sacred Pauses: Living Mindfully Through the Hours of the Day (Macrina Weiderkehr)
50. Lethal Justice (Fern Michaels)
51. Murder With All the Trimmings (Elaine Viets)
52. A Christmas Carol (Charles Dickens)
53. From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler (E.L. Konigsburg)
54. Stepping Heavenward: One Woman's Journey to Godliness (E. Prentiss)
No comments:
Post a Comment