Saturday, December 22, 2012

Hanukkah Cheese - 12/16

Ben was excited to help Allen cook pancakes. "Hey, Ben, smile like you're happy to be helping!"... this is when the "cheese" began.
Ben kept asking if he could do some by himself. Allen helped him for awhile, then he got to do a whole pan by himself... ALL by himself.
Pouring of the batter...
 Waiting till the perfect moment to flip them...
Flipping them...
Wow! Ben did a great job on some of my favorite pancakes of all time! This is a recipe for pancakes that are traditionally served at Hanukkah. I'm found the recipe when I was a kid and asked my parents to make them. I loved them so much I kept the recipe for when I'm in the mood for super-moist pancakes. There is something about the cottage cheese and vanilla that makes them taste different... but in an awesome way!

Hanukkah Cheese Pancakes
  • 3 eggs (or whites)
  • 1 cup nonfat milk
  • 1 cup cottage cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 TB sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
Mix all ingredients well to make pancake batter. Cook pancakes. Top with applesauce, syrup, cinnamon, or sour cream. Traditionally, the men wait on the women for this meal.

No comments: