Sadly, I'm often better at keeping up with Facebook than my blog. Lucky for me, I can go back through all my posts to see what has been said and done that I want to remember. Here are a few that didn't get their own stories.
Nov. 4 - Cub Scout family camping weekend: LOTS of shooting stars, trying to sleep while the owls and coyotes sing, hours of fun games and laughter, and dewy Chinese water torture bringing me to tears.... that was the first night. Saturday was a fabulous day with hiking, fishing (I watched), raingutter regatta, and lots of kids running and playing non-stop.... then storms threatened us and the field of tents cleared out in under an hour. Three and a half tents/families stuck it out, and had a beautiful DRY night with vibrant electric storms in the distance, an easy-going morning, with six children (4 mine) creating and leading the fire-circle church service. What a blast!!
Nov. 4 - I was frustrated at Maddie for putting her wet & muddy camping clothes on her clean bedsheets. I told her she needed to think things through and use the wonderful brain God gave her. She replied, "Mama, I know that 20 minus three is 17, and 5 plus 5 plus 5 plus 5 is twenty, and that two and two are four, and four and four are eight. I have a math brain. Not a laundry brain."
Nov. 10 - Yesterday: the worst day in our life with kids to have the washer break. Today: best day in our life with kids to take a field trip to the laundromat... With more than a dozen loads of clothes, sheets, comforters, towels, and more. Really hoping I can get by without just quarters.
Nov. 9 - Today was crazy. Jon was sent home because his class had lice. Thankfully, it seemed he picked it up at school today, and none of our other kids had it. I put the medicinal shampoo on his head and combed out his hair before it was time to go get Will. By evening, I piled everything in the laundry room: sheets, comfortors, towels, jackets, stuffed toys, etc. After the first load, the washer looked at the 15 mountains of laundry and decided it had lived a good thirteen years. It quit. I've been scratching ever since the school called...
Nov. 15 - When I know I will have company, I usually try to make sure the house is half decent. I didn't take into account how to deal with the FaceTime home tour Will is giving his friend. :P
Nov. 28 - The 6 Kaisers swapped names for our in-home gift exchange. This is the third year we've done it and I love our young tradition! Today, I taught Maddie how to shop... First get the comfy pillow, then turn on the tunes, check the prices, pictures, and comments and choose wisely. Now *I* am excited as she is to see how much Ben loves his "perfect gift!"... On a similar note, Jon has been boasting that he has an AWESOME gift idea for Maddie. This morning, he told me NOT to get him any awesome gifts because the "awesome presents are too girly." :)
Nov. 29 - I really never thought I'd ever be SO excited about doing laundry... at home! Glad to have a new working machine.
Dec. 2 - Shorts and flip flops donned for gardening today. I love 80+ degree weather in December!!
Dec. 3 - Breakfast date with my husband. We've been together for 19+ years, but I'm still giddy with excitement waiting for him :)
No comments:
Post a Comment